Making a complaint
Compare Protect Ltd operates a complaints policy to ensure that all our customer complaints are dealt with in a fair and courteous manner and that problems are resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our promise to you
We want to give you great customer service but sometimes things do go wrong. We can usually resolve most issues straightaway, so please get in touch with our team dealing with your claim or the sale or servicing of your policy.
What you'll need to tell us so that we can help you:
- Your personal details
- Your policy/claim details
- What's gone wrong
- What you want us to do to put things right
What we'll do to resolve your complaint
- We'll get it to the right person
- We'll be in touch with you as soon as we can and let you know what will happen next
- We'll treat your complaint fairly
- We'll resolve your complaint as soon as possible and we will try to do this within 10 working days
- For more complex issues it's likely that we will need longer to look into what's happened and we may ask you for further information to help us reach a decision
- We'll give you regular updates
And once we've dealt with your complaint, we'll go back and see what we can learn from your experience.
Contact Details For Complaints:
9 J Shed, Kings Road,
SA1 Waterfront, SA1 8PL.
Telephone: 0845 561 1234
If you're not happy with our response to your complaint
If you feel we've not considered all of your issues or you can provide further information, please let us know and we'll be happy to review it. But if you're unhappy with the outcome you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to carry out an independent review of your complaint. In any event, you have the right to ask them to review your complaint if we've been unable to resolve it within 8 weeks.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can help with most complaints if you are:
- A consumer
- A business employing fewer than 10 persons that has an annual turnover that doesn't exceed £2 million
- A charity with an annual turnover of less than £1 million
- A trustee of a trust with a net asset value of less than £1 million
If you are unsure whether the Financial Ombudsman Service will consider your complaint, please contact them directly for advice. The service they provide is free and impartial and contacting them at any stage of your complaint will not affect your legal rights.
The contact details are:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Their phone numbers are 0300 123 9123 (charged at a national rate) or 0800 023 4567 (free from landlines).
You can send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can log on to their website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk